August was another great month for the global cannabis industry. Here’s some highlights from the progress made this month:
- Morocco is one step closer to a legal medical cannabis industry, after a draft decree was approved by the country’s lead executive body.
- In a world-first, a UK trial will test if cannabis-based drug Sativex can be used to treat aggressive brain tumours.
- The Dutch Government has pledged €1.4 million for research into the effectiveness of medical cannabis in children with treatment-resistant epilepsy.
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) has been awarded a $12.9 million grant from Michigan to expand cannabis research for veterans with PTSD.
- City leaders in New Orleans approved measures to end penalties for people found with small amounts of cannabis and look to pardon about 10,000 convictions and pending cases.
- Puerto Rico’s Governor has signed legislation into law protecting qualified medical cannabis patients from workplace discrimination.
The global cannabis industry is showing no signs of slowing down. As the industry continues to grow, the gap in cannabis knowledge grows with it. At Sativa Learning, we are here to bridge that gap.
We are committed to providing retailers, entrepreneurs, job-seekers, academics and more with the tools needed to cultivate a career in the cannabis industry. Our range of CPD accredited courses are the gold standard in cannabis learning, covering modules from the endocannabinoid system to cannabis plant chemistry and CBD dosing.
We have partnered with leading industry experts to bring you comprehensive cannabis education you can trust.
Enrol in our online CBD course today; or get in touch with us for more information.